Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in ninth round
With a huge right hand in round nine, Keith Thurman finished off the always-game and double-tough Jesus Soto Karass tonight at the Alamodome. Thurman (22-0, 20 KO) scored a fifth round knockdown earlier in the fight, and was able to outbox and outbang Soto Karass (28-9-3, 18 KO) for the vast majority of the bout, making adjustments that pushed him along to victory.
Also let's credit referee Jon Schorle for getting in there and catching Soto Karass before he could bounce his head off the canvas, which is often the most dangerous part of any knockdown. Great job by the referee. He knew he was calling the fight, and he protected the fighter.
Boxing Betting Lines: If you're looking for the best advice for boxing odds, you've certainly come to the right place. Here at Bookmaker sportsbook, we're previewing the WBA welterweight title fight between Keith Thurman and Jesus Soto Karass on December 14th, 2013, at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Keith Thurman will look to continue his ascension up the welterweight ladder by defending his WBA championship belt in a bout against Jesus Soto Karass. The pair will face off on December 14th, 2013, at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Thurman is undefeated in his career and figures to be the favorite against Karass, who is more of an underdog in boxing odds.
Keith Thurman has a career record of 21-0 with 19 knockouts. He won the interim WBA welterweight championship last time out on July 27th, 2013, defeating Diego Gabriel Chaves by 10th-round knockout. His previous title came against Carlos Quintana when he delivered a fourth-round TKO to capture the WBO NABO light middleweight championship. Thurman has knocked out nine of his past 10 opponents and seems to be one of the top up-and-coming fighters in his weight class.
Jesus Soto Karass has a professional mark of 28-8-3 with 18 knockout victories. He had a solid start to his career with a 24-4-3 mark but hasn't had as much luck of late. He went through one stretch of four consecutive losses to dim his star. Karass has since rebounded with four wins in his past five fights, claiming the NABF welterweight title last time out with a win over Andre Berto, but is still likely to be the underdog in this bout in boxing odds.
Access live betting lines from your mobile device at BookMaker sportsbook for the WBA welterweight title fight between Keith Thurman and Jesus Soto Karass on December 14th, 2013, at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada! You can wager on sporting events as they unfold on television with BookMaker's live betting platform. Real-time spreads, totals, props and moneyline odds are all available by clicking here so start betting with BookMaker today!
Log into Bookmaker to bet on Keith Thurman vs Jesus Soto Karass. Bookmaker is the nation's leading online sportsbook and the premier site to bet on boxing. Sign up today and get access to all the latest boxing betting odds and prop bets. When you play on Bookmaker, you're playing where the line originates!
AVAILABLE BOXING BETTING INFORMATION:
- 2014 Boxing Calendar
- Alex Leapai vs Wladimir Klitschko
- Bernard Hopkins vs Beibut Shumenov
- Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Marcos Maidana
- Carl Froch vs George Groves
- Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto
- Shawn Porter vs Paulie Malignaggi
- Peter Quillin vs. Lukas Konecny
- Keith Thurman vs Julio Diaz
- Lucas Matthysse vs John Molina
- Omar Figueroa vs Jerry Belmontes
- Luis Collazo vs Amir Khan
- Adrien Broner vs Carlos Molina
- Juan Manuel Marquez vs Mike Alvarado
- Adonis Stevenson vs Andrzej Fonfara
- Simpiwe Vetyeka vs Nonito Donaire
- Evgeny Gradovich vs Alexander Miskirtchian
- Oscar Escandon vs Yoandris Salinas
- Hugo Centeno Jr vs Nick Brinson
- Demetrius Andrade vs Brian Rose
- Bermane Stiverne vs Chris Arreola
- Bryant Jennings vs Mike Perez
- James Degale vs Brandon Gonzales
- Nicholas Walters vs Vic Darchinyan
- Ruslan Provodnikov vs Chris Algieri
AVAILABLE SPORTS BETTING OPTIONS:
BOXING - (11 OPEN EVENTS)
Boxing betting - Shawn Porter aims to retain IBF welterweight title against Paulie Malignaggi on April 19th
Boxing Betting Odds: Shawn Porter will look to remain undefeated and retain his IBF welterweight belt in a fight against Paulie Malignaggi on Saturday, April 19th, 2014, at the D.C. Armory in Washington, D.C.Porter has a better record and is the current belt-holder but Malignaggi has an impressive past, it will be interesting to see the odds in boxing betting.... Continue Reading
- Boxing wagering - Peter Quillin a heavy favorite to retain middleweight belt against Lukas Konecny on April 19th
- Boxing gambling - Bernard Hopkins hopes to make history against Beibut Shumenov on April 19th
- Boxing gambling - Jose Felix faces Bryan Vasquez for super featherweight belt on April 12th
- Boxing wagering - Raymond Beltran takes on Arash Usmanee in lightweight showdown on April 12th
- More articles...