Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in ninth round
With a huge right hand in round nine, Keith Thurman finished off the always-game and double-tough Jesus Soto Karass tonight at the Alamodome. Thurman (22-0, 20 KO) scored a fifth round knockdown earlier in the fight, and was able to outbox and outbang Soto Karass (28-9-3, 18 KO) for the vast majority of the bout, making adjustments that pushed him along to victory.
Also let's credit referee Jon Schorle for getting in there and catching Soto Karass before he could bounce his head off the canvas, which is often the most dangerous part of any knockdown. Great job by the referee. He knew he was calling the fight, and he protected the fighter.
Boxing Betting Lines: If you're looking for the best advice for boxing odds, you've certainly come to the right place. Here at Bookmaker sportsbook, we're previewing the WBA welterweight title fight between Keith Thurman and Jesus Soto Karass on December 14th, 2013, at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Keith Thurman will look to continue his ascension up the welterweight ladder by defending his WBA championship belt in a bout against Jesus Soto Karass. The pair will face off on December 14th, 2013, at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Thurman is undefeated in his career and figures to be the favorite against Karass, who is more of an underdog in boxing odds.
Keith Thurman has a career record of 21-0 with 19 knockouts. He won the interim WBA welterweight championship last time out on July 27th, 2013, defeating Diego Gabriel Chaves by 10th-round knockout. His previous title came against Carlos Quintana when he delivered a fourth-round TKO to capture the WBO NABO light middleweight championship. Thurman has knocked out nine of his past 10 opponents and seems to be one of the top up-and-coming fighters in his weight class.
Jesus Soto Karass has a professional mark of 28-8-3 with 18 knockout victories. He had a solid start to his career with a 24-4-3 mark but hasn't had as much luck of late. He went through one stretch of four consecutive losses to dim his star. Karass has since rebounded with four wins in his past five fights, claiming the NABF welterweight title last time out with a win over Andre Berto, but is still likely to be the underdog in this bout in boxing odds.
Access live betting lines from your mobile device at BookMaker sportsbook for the WBA welterweight title fight between Keith Thurman and Jesus Soto Karass on December 14th, 2013, at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada! You can wager on sporting events as they unfold on television with BookMaker's live betting platform. Real-time spreads, totals, props and moneyline odds are all available by clicking here so start betting with BookMaker today!
Log into Bookmaker to bet on Keith Thurman vs Jesus Soto Karass. Bookmaker is the nation's leading online sportsbook and the premier site to bet on boxing. Sign up today and get access to all the latest boxing betting odds and prop bets. When you play on Bookmaker, you're playing where the line originates!
AVAILABLE BOXING BETTING INFORMATION:
- 2014 Boxing Calendar
- Tyson Fury vs Dereck Chisora
- Bryant Jennings vs Mike Perez
- Gennady Golovkin vs Daniel Geale
- Brandon Rios vs Diego Chavez
- Jessie Vargas vs Anton Novikov
- Antoine Douglas vs Miguel Soro
- Jerry Odom vs Vilier Quinonez
- Sergey Kovalev vs Blake Caparello
- Daniel Jacobs vs Jarrod Fletcher
- Danny Garcia vs Rod Salka
- Lamont Peterson vs Edgar Santana
- Vyacheslav Glazkov vs Derric Rossy
- Shawn Porter vs Kell Brook
- Omar Figueroa vs Daniel Estrada
- Sakio Bika vs Anthony Dirrell
- Floy Mayweather Jr vs Marcos Maidana 2
AVAILABLE SPORTS BETTING OPTIONS:
BOXING - (3 OPEN EVENTS)
Boxing betting - Antoine Douglas faces Miguel Soro for WBA middleweight belt on July 25th
Boxing Betting Online: Two up-and-coming fighters will face off for the WBA International middleweight title fight. Antoine Douglas and Miguel Soro have found plenty of success early on and will aim to pick up the belt, but only one of them can claim it on July 25th, 2014, at Turning Stone Resort and Casino in Verona, New York.... Continue Reading
- Boxing gambling - Jerry Odom faces Vilier Quinonez for super middleweight title on July 25th
- Boxing betting - Guillermo Rigondeaux put super bantamweight titles on line against Sod Kokietgym on July 19th
- Boxing wagering - Zou Shiming battles Luis De La Rosa for flyweight title on July 19th in Macao
- Boxing odds - Juan Manuel Lopez faces undefeated Francisco Vargas in super featherweight bout on July 12th
- More articles...